Saturday, October 08, 2005

MORE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MUCH

Kenneth Hagen, the late well-known evangelist, testified to having prayed this prayer for himself for an extended period of time and he experienced a dramatic change in his life. It is a prayer that Paul prayed for the Ephesians.

(Ephesians 1:17-19 and 3:16-4:1) It has been paraphrased into the first person so an individual can pray it for himself. Father, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you will give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that I may know You better. I pray also that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which You have called me, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and Your incomparably great power for us who believe. I pray that out of Your glorious riches You may strengthen me with power through Your [Holy] Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to You, who is able to do immeasurably more than all I can ask or imagine, according to Your power that is at work within me, to You be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations

The Ephesians were Spirit-filled born again believers but even for them
there was more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are miracles for today?
Do the fervent prayers of a righteouss man still have power?
Are "killer" storms an act of god?
Is this truely world wide?
< ..preached to the entire world, then the end will come.>

Watching where you go with this one.
Anonymous Today.