Thursday, October 20, 2005

PRIVATE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE

1 Corinthians 13:1. If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2.
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3.
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5.
does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6.
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7.
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8.
Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
10.
but when the PERFECT comes, the partial will be done away.
11.
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12.
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
13.
But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

This chapter is often called the love chapter. It is frequently read at memorial survices without any apparent understanding that it is describing how the gifts of the Holy Spirit as described in chapters 12 and 14 are to be used. It is totally taken out of context.

It is also the basis on which those who say the gifts of Pentecost passed away with the early church. They have chosen to privately interpret the meaning of the word "perfect" to refer to when the biBible was cannonized. And the gifts are no longer needed since we now have the Bible.

It is akin to saying that now we have the documation, we don't need the program.

Of course this requires ignoring the fact that there are an estimated number of over 400,000 Christians who have expperienced and continue to experience the manifestation of these gifts.

And how many think the "perfect" has come?

However, for me, the great tragedy is that, for many Chrristians, they may as well have cease since they neither want them, are seeking them, or have any intest in using them, even to help others. Luke:11:9-13

http://www.theophilus.org/comments/gifts.html



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger,

I recently launched a blog articles site exclusively for bloggers ... built entirely from articles submitted by bloggers.

We all know that the best content on the web is produced by bloggers ... unbiased first hand knowledge, experiences and opinions. Nothing to sell and no hidden agendas!

As a seeker of information or article content, you have access to this vast source of interesting and informative articles. As a contributor, you get the recognition of having your article published and seen by thousands of web users. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

Not all of us are gifted with the ability to write to professional standards of grammatical correctness ... as a result, many bloggers don't bother to have their articles published.

We welcome an informal style of writing that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. We welcome articles that are uniquely based on your personal knowledge, experiences and opinions. All we ask is that your articles do not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

All this is absolutely free ... please come over and have a look at our blog articles directory for yourself.

Best Regards
Emily

Lawrence R. Rosano said...

James 2: 14-17 "Father without works is dead".
Join my Prolife Tax Strike at:
prolifetaxstrike.blogspot.com
Hel Ilegalize abortion by doing so.
Anti-Abortionist

Anonymous said...

Local politics take web forum form
Blog, Blogs, Blogger, Blogging, Blogosphere - know what these words mean? Blogs are the new hot property on the internet, evolving from a personal diary to a community's commentary on subjects of importance - ...
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here. I know this has nothing to do with your site but I have a new blog that I've just started, its been up for a couple of days. I gave my blog a cool title which seems to attract visitors:

www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com

Have you got any suggestions about stuff you would like to read about??? Take a look if you get the chance. I want my blog to be cutting edge...a good read. lol...your'll understand when you see it!

The other site I have is a legitimate home business site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway take a look see what you think.

Keep up the good work, I'll be back to visit + I'll be at any suggestions you have about my blog.

Zafrod said...

Hey, these spam comments suck, don't they? =) You can get rid of them by going to your set-up menu and chosing word verify for comments... that way there has to be an actual person leaving the comment, not these annoying automatic ones. It's very helpful.

Was just drifting through. Good reading here. Take care!

job opportunitya said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
Go by and hit my blog, you'll be glad you did.

answer-man said...

Just dropped in to read your blog. We are reading what others have to say and are introducing ourselves as well. We are intoducing The new Holy Bibles King James Versions and New Living Translations and especially The New Children's Bibles on DVD and invite you to stop by and visit us at: **BibleMediaDvd.Com**

We hope you don't mind our comment on your site and do so repectfully.
Thank you and God Bless.