Tuesday, November 01, 2005

THE HELPER

JOHN 14:16-18 KNJ16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever,17 "even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.18 "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
JOHN 16:7 NKJ7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
JOHN 15:26 NKJ26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.


However, it is incumbent upon us to be open to doing what He directs us to do.We must take the first step. Step out in faith so to speak.
If we are merely doing what we choose, we are on our own.
It is often stated that "God helps those that who help themselves". Although this encourages initiative, it also suggests we do not need the Helper.
When it is with His help that we accomplish His work, we must give Him the credit.
Pentecost is where we place our help wanted ad. And the Helper is on the way!

No comments: