Thursday, September 20, 2007

SPEAKING IN TONGUES

reasons given why some do not want to speak in tongues:

I was not brought up tha tway.

This passed way with the early church.

It is "spooky".

I might lose control.

What would someone think?

I "have" the Holy Spirit.

What is your reason? Send comment.

Th reason the devil does not want us to speaking tongues:

It is a powerfull weapon in spiritual warefare.

He does not know what is being said.

It is objective evidence of the Christ's resurrectionand ascent to Heaven. Read John Chaters 14 ans 16.

Why Jesus wants us to have it. Luke 11:9-13

"He that speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself.



It confirms we have been born-again,

It is an act of obedience to God.














they don't do that in our church.

I might lose contro.

It is "spiiky."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I have heard people speak in tongues they all sound the same. Are they supposed to all sound the same? When I have spoken in tongues I sound like everyone else!!!! Just asking and wanting to learn!!!