Friday, May 15, 2009

TRY IT

Prayer for Baptism in the Holy Spirit
Heavenly Father, I want to have all the experiences in my life that You have provided for me in Jesus. I am sorry for my pride of knowledge that may have kept me from experiencing any part of the gift You have so graciously provided. I do repent of this pride, Father, and I ask You, Lord Jesus, to me ever deeper into my experience of life and reveal Your life and love to me. I will receive the gift of Your love in Your death for me, and all that it means. I want You to take over the guidance of my life and be my Lord. Even though I don't know all that this means now, I trust You to teach me. Lord Jesus, I ask You to baptize me in Your Holy Spirit with all that it means to You to do so. I want all You have suffered so much to give me to be a part of my life and experience. O, Lord Jesus, I empty myself of all that I thought I knew if it stands in Your way of teaching me more about Yourself. Teach me Your love - may Your Holy Spirit now be my ability to love, to speak and to live a life worthy of Your name. I thank You Father; I do now receive all of Jesus; I thank You Jesus, I do now receive all of Your Holy Spirit; I thank you Holy Spirit that You have made all this possible by Your faithful love. In Holiness
, teach me, and in Your grace I shall learn. In Jesus' name, I pray in thanksgiving. Amen.

No comments: